INGREDIENTS FOR RICE
- 1 cup of Jasmine Rice
- 3/4 cups of water
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CURRY
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups peeled sweet potatoes, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 3/5 cups low-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbs of vegan green Thai curry paste
- 1 tsp of maple sugar
- 3 tbs of pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of chilli flakes
- 2 tbs of lime juice
- 10 fresh asparagus (washed and ends cut off)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
TO MAKE THE RICE
- Put the rice and water in a pan.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce to low and simmer until all the water is gone. This should take about 15 minutes.
TO MAKE THE THAI CURRY
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Put the asparagus onto a baking tray then drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Roast the asparagus for 10 minutes, until tender but still firm. Put to one side.
- In a large pan, add the water, ginger and sweet potatoes over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer then cover with a lid and cook for 8 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, curry paste, maple sugar and chilli flakes until smooth.
- Once the 8 minutes are up, add the coconut milk mixture and stir well in the pan.
- Bring it back to a simmer and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, stir and heat through for about 30 seconds.
- Plate a portion of rice and then add the curry sauce.
- Top with the roasted asparagus and the cashew nuts.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh coriander on the top to serve.
A 100% vegan Thai green curry made with Canadian maple syrup and fragrant jasmine rice. This recipe is easy to follow and full of flavour, comfort food at its best!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!