- 2 limes
- 1 watermelon, skin on, cut into wedges
- 1 pineapple, skin on, cut into wedges lengthways
- 4 peaches, halved and stones removed
- 4 tbsp + 2 tsp pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- Place the watermelon, pineapple and peaches into a large dish or tray.
- Finely grate the zest of one lime and combine with the maple syrup and the juice of the lime. Pour over the fruit and toss lightly to coat.
- Make sure the barbecue is hot with no trace of flame.
- Place the pineapple and watermelon slices onto the barbecue and sear for a few seconds on each side, turning with tongs. The aim is to mark the wedges with griddle lines, but not to cook the flesh, so the barbecue (or griddle pan) must be extremely hot.
- Remove the fruit slices from the barbecue and wrap in tin foil. Leave on the side of the barbecue for around 20 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, sear the peaches and add to the foil parcel for the final 8-10 minutes.
- Add the fruit to a platter or bowl and serve warm.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!