- 20 shiso leaves
- ⅖ cup ginger
- ⅗ cup pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Soda water, to taste
- Cut the ginger into thin slices, leaving the skin on. Place in a saucepan with 150 ml water, cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the shiso leaves to the saucepan, turn off the heat and steam for 15 minutes. Then, strain the liquid through a colander.
- Add the maple syrup to the strained liquid and mix to make the cordial.
- Add your desired amount of cordial to a glass, followed by ice cubes and soda water.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!