- 4 fillets of barramundi
- 1 green capsicum, cored and chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cored and chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lemon, other half use for garnish
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Bag of spinach, wilted
- To make the dressing, sweat shallots and garlic in olive oil until softened in a frying pan on a low heat.
- Add chopped capsicums and maple syrup to a pan and cook until the capsicums have softened.
- Add lemon juice then set aside.
- Lightly oil a pan on a medium heat, add barramundi skin side down and cook for three minutes.
- Add the spinach and turn the barramundi before cooking for an additional three minutes.
- Serve with the dressing and a wedge of lemon.
Spice up your midweek meals with this wonderful barramundi recipe. Packed with energy and nutritional value, the dish is perfect for enjoying either before or after exercise and can be prepared in under half an hour.
The pan-fried barramundi fillets are initially cooked skin-side down, forming a delightfully crispy layer of fat that really makes the dish, while the addition of maple syrup adds a depth of flavour that pairs excellently with the zestiness of the lemon juice.
If you like the look of this barramundi fillet recipe, make sure to check out the rest of our seafood recipes below!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!