FOR THE NOODLE AND ASPARAGUS SALAD
- 1 pack of medium egg noodles
- 8 large asparagus
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
FOR THE MAPLE-ASIAN DRESSING
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp tahini
TO MAKE THE NOODLES AND ASPARAGUS
- Boil the noodles in a large pot of salted water, following the packet instructions.
- While the noodles are cooking, use a vegetable peeler to shave the asparagus.
- Lay an asparagus spear flat on a cutting board. Starting at the bottom end, use the peeler to shave it into long thin strips or ribbons. Place the asparagus shavings in a large bowl and repeat with the remaining asparagus.
- Drain the noodles and set aside.
TO MAKE THE DRESSING
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and then whisk until combined.
- Put the noodles and asparagus on a plate, drizzle the maple-Asian dressing and sprinkle roasted peanuts, sesame seeds, chopped coriander and sliced red chilli on top.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!