- 5 to 6 large, unshelled prawns (devein by inserting scissors into the back of the shell)
- 6 to 7 scallops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (Dark)
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 piece of raw ginger minced
- 2 red peppers (seeds removed, minced)
- 4 stalks of cilantro minced
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup (Amber)
- Mint, herbs as desired
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil, then pan-fry the shrimp and scallops.
- Add a little maple syrup and pan-fry to a golden brown. If there is too much liquid, remove the shrimp and scallops, reduce the liquid, and pour over the shellfish.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and cilantro.
- The vinegar in the sauce may be replaced with lemon juice or other citrus juices.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!