For the lamb and maple burgers
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 diced onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon whisky
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
for the maple BBQ sauce
- one can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons + 3 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons + 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons + 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 5 brioche buns
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 sliced tomato
- Lettuce broken into leaves
For the maple BBQ sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until thick and glossy, then transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator.
For the burgers
- To make the burgers, add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well by hand.
- Shape the mixture into 5 even patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the patties on preheated BBQ for around 2 – 3 minutes per side.
It’s no secret that homemade burgers taste best! Switch up the beef on your summer BBQ with these juicy and flavoursome lamb burgers, seasoned with garlic, onion, pure maple syrup and a splash of whiskey. The recipe also includes its own BBQ sauce, adding a sweet and smoky flavour to the lamb patties. To ensure the lamb burgers don’t stick, we suggest lightly drizzling the meat with oil before placing on the grill.
If you enjoyed making this lamb burgers recipe, be sure to explore some of our other lamb recipes below.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!