- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1 pineapple, cut into cubes
- 2 passion fruits
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1 lime, zested
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 90°C.
- Add egg whites to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, mix on low, increasing to medium until the egg white become foamy peaks. Then, add maple sugar a few tablespoons at a time until it’s incorporated and the meringue becomes stiff and glossy.
- Pipe the meringue out onto the prepared baking sheet using a large round star nozzle.
- Bake the meringues for 3 hours.
- Whisk the cream and maple syrup in a bowl to form soft peaks and spread on top of each freshly baked meringue, then top with a mixture of pineapple cubes and passion fruit seeds.
- Sprinkle over the desiccated coconut and lime zest and decorate with fresh mint.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!