- 2 zucchini (about 5 cm or 2 inch thick), green or yellow
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Espelette pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandoline to slice the zucchini lengthwise into ribbons 1-2 mm (about 1/16 inch) thick.
- Place ribbons onto a clean cloth and allow to dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, maple syrup, parsley, chives and salt and pepper. Adjust the seasonings as you see fit.
- Spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixture onto each zucchini strip. Roll them up and place vertically onto your serving plate. Sprinkle with Espelette pepper and garnish with sprigs of parsley or chives.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!