- 1 x 2 L kombucha scoby, with 200ml of starter liquid
- 1/4 pint pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups water
- 2 bags of black tea
- 1 handful of strawberries, mint and grapefruit to garnish
- Bring 500ml / 2 cups of water and the pure maple syrup to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Add 2 tea bags and allow to steep while it cools to room temperature.
- Transfer to a 3L jar, top with 1.5L / 6 cups water and add the kombucha scoby. Cover the jar with a cloth and secure with some string.
- Allow it to ferment for 6–8 days out of direct sunlight. You will see a second scoby appear above the original.
- You can drink your maple kombucha straight over ice or add some grapefruit, mint and strawberries for additional flavour.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!