- 3 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus extra for topping (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons water or almond/oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, slowly add water or almond/oat milk and maple syrup to the dry ingredients. Then whisk together to form a thick batter
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add a ladle of batter mix and let it spread out into a thick circular shape
- Look for air bubbles, browning and dry edges on one side then flip to cook the other side for 1 minute
- Serve with your favourite toppings and extra maple syrup
These easy vegan pancakes require only a handful of ingredients to make and taste every bit as good as their dairy-based counterparts!
The batter, made with chickpea flower and your choice of oat or almond milk, is enriched with pure Canadian maple syrup, adding a splash of sweetness. Light and fluffy, these chickpea pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch or just about any other occasion!
If you like the look of this vegan pancake recipe, make sure to check out the rest of our breakfast recipes below.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
A Source of Natural Energy
Maple syrup is a natural source of energy. Check out how maple can act as fuel before, during, and after exercise.