- ⅖ cup softened unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate taste)
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- ⅘ cup self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp whole milk
- Grease a one-litre microwavable pudding basin or bowl with butter and add the maple syrup into the base.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and maple sugar together until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs, milk and flour and mix well together.
- Pour the mix into the pudding bowl on top of the maple syrup. Level up the mixture using the back of a spoon.
- Place pudding bowl into a microwave and on a heat-proof plate without a lid. Microwave for 6 minutes and leave to stand for 1–2 minutes before serving.
- Cover with a plate and turn upside down and out onto your serving plate.
- Drizzle more maple syrup if desired and serve with clotted cream, ice cream or hot custard.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!