For the biscuits:
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups plain flour
For the filling:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 4 tsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- Preheat oven to 145 degrees Celsius, and line three large baking trays with baking paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat the butter, maple sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract until pale and creamy.
- Add the flour to the creamed butter, and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls and place on the prepared trays, leaving a little space in between each. You should end up with about 44-46 individual dough balls/biscuits.
- Lightly press down each ball with the back of a fork so they flatten out a little. Dip your fork in flour if it is sticking to the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the undersides of the biscuits are lightly golden. To ensure a even bake, rotate the baking trays in the oven around half way through.
- Allow to cool on their trays.
- Once the biscuits have cooled make the filling by beating all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Mix until light and fluffy and everything is well combined.
- Pair up the cooked biscuits, and turn one from each pair over so the underside is facing up. Spread or pipe about 1 tbsp of filling on to the underside of one biscuit in each biscuit pair, then gently sandwich the paired biscuits together. You can smooth the edges of the filling with a knife if you wish.
- Leave the biscuits for half an hour or so for the filling to firm up a bit. Biscuits will store well in an airtight container for a 3-4 days.
Kulinary Adventures of Kath’s maple melting moments are delicate, buttery and literally melt in your mouth. The irresistible texture will make them a family favourite for everyone to enjoy!
For more sweet treats and inspiration, check out Kath’s website here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!