- 15ml olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 8oz tagliatelle
- 1.5oz unsalted butter
- 1.5oz plain flour
- pinch English mustard powder
- 3 cups milk
- 2oz mature Cheddar, grated
- 2oz Gruyère, grated
- 2oz Parmesan, grated
- 6oz leftover maple-glazed ham, cut into bite-size pieces
Handful of fresh, chopped parsley
Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour), to drizzle
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or following instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium pan, then add the flour and stir to make a paste. Cook, stirring for 2 mins, then add the mustard and gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly until combined and smooth. Slowly bring to the boil, then simmer for 4-5 mins, stirring regularly until thickened.
- Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Add two-thirds of the cheese to the sauce and stir to combine. Add the ham and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, add to the saucepan and mix with the cheese sauce. Top with the rest of the cheese, fresh parsley and drizzle with maple syrup.
Festive leftovers get a new lease of life in this cheesy pasta recipe. Gather up your Christmas ham and favourite cheeses and throw them together to create this delectable cheese and ham pasta dish. Don’t be surprised when you’re coming back for more.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!