- 1 packet pre-rolled, puff pastry
- knob of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- ¾ cup crème fraiche
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 500g cooked chicken, pulled into strips
- 200g cooked ham, pulled into strips
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the carrots and leek and cook until the carrots start to soften.
- Pour in the crème fraiche, maple syrup and stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, leaving until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Next add the turkey, ham and thyme and season to taste. Pour the filling into a pie dish.
- Lay the pastry sheet over the top and use your fingers to seal the pastry around the edge of the dish.
- Trim off any excess pastry, you could use this to decorate the pie top if you want.
- Brush with the beaten egg and cook for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Make the most of leftover chicken and ham with this simple, comforting chicken, ham, and maple pie recipe.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!