- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, washed, stalks removed and quartered
- 2 cups blueberries, washed
- 2 cups blackberries, washed and halved
- 2 cups apricots, stoned and quartered
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling (preferably golden colour for its delicate taste)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. On a baking paper, draw around your serving plate in pencil to mark the shape for your meringue
- Using a hand-held mixer, whisk the egg whites together until they form stiff peaks. Then add maple sugar a tablespoon at a time until the appearance is glossy and smooth
- Whisk in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture onto the baking paper and keep within the drawn circle
- Spread out using a palette knife creating a dip in the centre. Keep sides slightly higher than the middle
- Transfer onto a tray and bake in the oven for 1 hour
- Turn off the heat and allow the meringue to completely cool whilst in the oven. For additional layers, repeat the process
- Once all the meringue layers have thoroughly cooled, whisk together the cream and maple syrup in a bowl to form soft peaks and spread between each layer of meringue topped with a mixture of prepared fruits and drizzled with maple syrup
An exquisite berry pavlova, naturally sweetened with fruits and Canadian maple syrup. With a sweet, crunchy outside and a soft, chewy inside, this meringue cake is a truly irresistible treat.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!