- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp miso paste
- 37.5ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 4 mochi rice cakes
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Roast the walnuts in the oven or a frying pan until crispy.
- While still warm, coarsely pound the roasted walnuts in a mortar and pestle, leaving the walnuts kernels on for extra texture.
- Mix the miso paste and maple syrup with the pounded walnuts.
- Cut the mochi rice cakes in half and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
- Coat the mochi rice cakes with the miso, maple syrup and almond mixture and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!