- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 4 thick slices of red sashimi-grade tuna
- 1/4 lb sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small casserole dish, combine the 4 first ingredients and boil and reduce to a syrup. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Coat 4 thick slices of red sashimi-grade tuna in sesame seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick pan, heat olive oil on high heat, and sear each slice for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Finely slice each tuna piece and dress with maple sauce.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!