- 600g mixed white fish
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 3 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1/4 cup root ginger, ground
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbs maple vinegar
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 large chilli, seeded and shredded
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups pak choi, shredded
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 cups pre-cooked rice
- 1 lime
- Grate the ginger into a bowl and add the soy sauce, maple vinegar and maple syrup and mix together.
- Cut the fish into chunks, place into the marinade and cover with cling film. Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins or overnight.
- Cut the aubergine into cubes and cut the peppers into thin strips. Remove the outer leaves from the pak choi and thinly slice.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and dust with corn flour.
- Heat sesame oil in the wok and cook the fish until crisp, then set aside.
- Remove fish from the wok and add to skewers.
- Add the chopped vegetables, chilli, garlic and the pre-cooked rice into a wok and stir fry for 8 minutes.
- Add the left-over marinade into a saucepan and heat until it has reduced into a sticky sauce.
- Dip the fish skewers into the sauce to coat the fish.
- Add skewers to a plate with the vegetable stir fry.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
- Pour the sauce into a dipping pot or drizzle over the final dish.
A simple but sophisticated fish stir fry, naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. Combining fresh ingredients with Asian-inspired flavours, this dish is healthy, delicious and great fun to make. The fish is coated in cornflour before cooking, creating a crispy texture that pairs perfectly with the sticky sauce.
If you’re a fan of this fish stir fry recipe, make sure to browse the rest of our seafood recipes below.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!