- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp hot smoked paprika
- 4½ tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs + 1 teaspoon pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- 500g raw king prawns, in their shells if you like, or keep the tails on
- Lemon wedges
- Mix the garlic, chilli, paprika, maple syrup and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Add the raw prawns and leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Place your skillet onto a hot barbecue grill to heat up.
- When the skillet is hot, add the prawns and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Pour over the remaining marinade and heat until bubbling.
- Serve immediately with wedges of lemon squeezed over the prawns
Bring the flavour with these simple but delicious chilli garlic prawns. The complementary tastes of chilli, garlic, lemon and maple syrup provide the perfect seasoning and make an excellent addition to any BBQ. If you don’t have a grill at hand, you can always cook hot and fast, using a pan to sear the prawns.
Like the look of these sizzling maple prawns? Check out some of our other prawn recipes below!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!