- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs large prawns, shelled cleaned, unshelled for more flavour
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup preferably amber
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ginger, cut into julienne strips
- Sea salt
- Fresh herbs
- In a large pan, melt butter; do not burn it. Add the rest of the ingredients (except herbs) and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the cooking juices.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Looking for a quick and easy prawn recipe that’s packed with flavour? These prawns, cooked in a buttery black pepper and maple syrup sauce, are so simple yet so delicious! The combination of sweet and savoury flavours pairs together perfectly. Prawns in butter have never tasted so good!
If you enjoy making these sautéed prawns, we have more prawn recipes for you to explore below.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!