- 2½ cups dark maple syrup
- 15oz chickpea miso
- 10oz sugar
- 2½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 5oz gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture well to combine all the ingredients.
- Allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Stir occasionally during this time.
- As the mixture simmers, it should thicken slightly, and the flavours should meld together. You want a smooth and slightly thickened sauce.
- Once the spiced maple miso sauce has simmered for 20 minutes and reached the desired consistency, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Transfer the sauce to a clean, airtight container or jar. You can store it in the refrigerator for later use.
A super versatile sauce/dressing/condiment that goes well with vegetables, meats and fish like this beef tartare from the chefs at Nola.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!