- 1 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and cut into pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1/4 cup flat parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Cook orzo in a pot of salted, boiling water, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- While it’s cooking, combine chicken, vegetables, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together its ingredients.
- Add the cooled orzo to the chicken-vegetable mixture. Pour on vinaigrette and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
A quick and easy chicken salad with orzo and a maple-infused dressing. Featuring your preferred cut of chicken, orzo, capsicum, spinach and parsley, this dish offers great nutritional value. The dressing, made with turmeric and pure maple syrup, brings all the ingredients together and adds a touch of indulgence.
If you enjoyed making this chicken salad recipe, explore some of our other salad recipes below.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!