- 2 lbs spare ribs
- 1 ⅞ cups pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Tabasco or chilli peppers, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Fill a large casserole pan with salted water, and boil the ribs for 45 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate sauce pot, mix the maple syrup with ginger, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and tabasco or chilli peppers. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from the casserole pot, pat the ribs dry and baste with the sauce.
- Reduce excess sauce to a low temperature and grill the ribs for 6 minutes on each side.
- Pull apart rib meat from the bones and assemble sandwich, adding additional sauce if desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!