- 14 oz plain sweet biscuits
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- Place the biscuits into a food processor and process until fine crumbs form.
- In a large bowl, add the biscuit crumbs, half the desiccated coconut, condensed milk, maple syrup, rum, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Mix the ingredients together with a wooden spoon, then place in the fridge to rest for an hour.
- Place the remaining desiccated coconut into a bowl or onto a baking sheet.
- Spoon out a tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to roll it into a ball shape, it should be about an inch in size.
- Place onto a baking sheet and repeat until all the mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Maple adds a touch of all-natural sweetness to this Christmas favourite. Leave out the rum so all the family can enjoy, or add more to make the perfect cocktail party snack.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!