- 1 cup of gnocchi
- 3/4 cups of double cream
- 2 tbs of maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate taste)
- 2/3 cups of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup of crab meat
- 1/2 cup of Swiss cheese or Gruyère, grated
- A pinch of salt
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water following the instructions on the pack, then drain well.
- Heat the double cream in a pan, then stir in the parmesan, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, nutmeg, crushed garlic cloves and lemon zest.
- Let it bubble then take off the heat, add the crab meat and gnocchi and mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle over the Swiss cheese.
- Place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted and the pie is golden and bubbling.
This festive recipe is a must-have for your Christmas spread and is a quick and easy dish to make with maximum satisfaction.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!