For the maple-glazed carrots:
- 35 oz heirloom carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
For the yoghurt dressing:
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted pistachio, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
To make the maple-glazed carrots:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with parchment.
- Leaving the tops on, spread the carrots evenly onto the baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil and maple syrup.
- Combine the dried spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the carrots.
- Gently toss the carrots in the spice mix, oil and maple syrup and place in the oven.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender and the edges are beginning to caramelise and char.
- Meanwhile, add all the yoghurt dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- On a large platter, place the glazed carrots in a line.
- Spoon over the herby yoghurt dressing.
- Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of pistachios, almonds, cranberries and coriander.
Complete your Christmas feast with this elegant sharing side. Sticky maple glazed carrots are served with a vibrant garlic yoghurt and topped with cranberries, almonds and pistachios for texture and depth.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!