For the meringue
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cups maple sugar
For the maple whipped cream
- 1 cup double cream
- 2 tbsp maple sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 18 strawberries
- 3 mint sprigs
FOR THE MERINGUE
- Preheat oven to 100°c.
- Pour the egg whites into a mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then gradually whisk in half of maple sugar until stiff and glossy (the meringue at this stage should double in size).
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the other half of maple sugar, then continue whisking for 2 minutes.
- With a piping bag, pipe the meringues onto a baking tray covered with a baking parchment sheet.
- Bake the meringue for 3 hours.
FOR THE MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- With the whisk attachment, whip the cream until it forms smooth, thick peaks (the mixture should be easily spreadable but holds its shape).
- In glasses, pipe the maple whipped cream until 1/5 full.
- Add a few cut strawberries and crushed meringues.
- Repeat the layers until the glass is full.
- Decorate with meringues, strawberries and fresh mint.
A wonderful Eton mess recipe, enriched with the natural sweetness of pure Canadian maple syrup.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!