- 1 red chilli (sliced)
- 1/4 cup of fresh coriander
- 250 g of beef mince
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 2 tbs of Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of basmati rice
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 4 tortillas
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (finely chopped)
- 5 tbs of pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Small oven-proof bowls, one for each tortilla
- Pre-heat the oven 210c
- Place the oven-proof bowls upside down on a baking tray. Brush both sides of the tortillas and lay on top of the bowls, gently folding and pressing the tortillas down onto the sides of the bowl, so they are the same shape
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp
- Add the oil to a pan and sauté the onion
- Brown the mince for 8-10 minutes
- Add the ground cumin, Worcester sauce, garlic and maple syrup and simmer on a low heat
- Cook the rice for 15-20 minutes until fluffy
- Layer the bowls with the cooked rice, beef mixture, corn, sliced avos and chillies
- Drizzle over the yoghurt and garnish with coriander and salt and pepper, to taste
Fun, vibrant and full of flavour – this beef burrito bowl has it all. Maple syrup’s natural sweetness blends well with the savoury notes of the Worcester sauce and the subtle spiciness of the cumin, forming a balanced and comforting sauce for the minced beef.
Looking for more recipes like this beef burrito bowl recipe? Check out some of our other main dishes below!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!