- 0.5oz softened butter, plus extra to fry
- 4 slices of white bread
- 0.5oz Dijon mustard
- 4oz Gruyère cheese/ Stilton trimmings
- 4 slices of maple-baked ham
- Butter both sides of each slice of bread. Spread mustard on one side of each slice.
- Split the cheese and ham in half and make two sandwiches, with the mustard-spread side facing inwards.
- Heat a griddle pan and fry the sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side until the bread is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the pan, cut the sandwich in half and serve.
Continue the indulgence with this moreish Croque Monsieur recipe – the perfect use for your leftover Christmas ham and cheese.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetiser to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you!